10 Ways to make money online and say bye-bye to that 9-5
Do you have a 9-5 job. Are you like millions of Americans who look forward to going home at the end of your 9-5 shift only dreading getting up to do it all again the next day. But you know that you have to because you have bills to pay. The internet is full of get rich quick scams geared to entice people who are tired of their 9-5 jobs. With all the scams, sometimes people wonder if there are real opportunities to make money online that will allow you to quit that 9-5. Well I have good news for you. There are actually legitimate ways to make money online that may actually allow you to quit that job. Below are a 10 money making opportunities that may help you say bye to your 9-5.
- Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing is an arrangement where an online seller pays a commission to a website for sales generated by referrals. You can create a website that directly promotes the company or product you’re an affiliate for or you can have a blog and subtly promote a product on your blog. There are real life success stories where people are making $50,000 or more a month from affiliate marketing. To look at one success story check out Charles Ngo’s website.
- Transcriptionist: A transcriptionist is a typist who listens to audio and converts what they hear to text. You can do specialty transcription (medical or legal) or you an do general transcription. In order to be a transcriptionist, you need to be accurate, efficient, and produce quality work. You also need to be able to meet deadlines. If you have good typing skills then you should consider being a transcriptionist. To start, transcriptionist can make about $15/hour. As you become more experiences you can earn up to $30/hour. If you are interested in becoming a transcriptionist, you can go on transcribe anywhere and take free mini transcription courses. There are several websites that offer transcriptionist jobs a few of those sites are Scribie, AccuTran Global, Speakwrite, Tigerfish, and Bam!.
- Freelance blogger: Find a niche that you’re good and passionate about and write a blog or start a website about it. Once you write your website/blog get engaging readers. By becoming a freelance writer, you can make money directly from your blog or by contracting with companies looking to temporarily hire writer’s for projects. If you're looking to contract with a company there are lots of sites out there. A few of those sites are hire writers, love to know, writer access, and write mates.
- Drop shipping: Drop shipping is when a store sells a product that it has purchased from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer without the merchant ever handling the product. You can sell almost any product and you don’t even have to handle any inventory. More than 20 percent of online retailers use drop shipping. You do need to set up your own website/blog for the selling and do your own marketing. If you can drive enough people to your site then you can make $5000 or more in profit a month.
- Social media manager: Social media manager is someone who monitors, contributes, and filters through a company’s or individual’s social media pages. If you have a love for social media, can find news and build connections then social media manager might be right up your alley. You do need to have experience in the social media realm. If you can work for a large company you can easily make $3000 or more a month.
- Online teacher: With so many industries moving online, teaching online classes can be a great way to earn money. If you have a teaching license you can use video chat to teach from the comfort of your home. If you have your teaching certificate in Math, Science, or English then there are more opportunities. If you are certified in other areas, there are also lots of opportunities to teach online. Many full time online teachers make at least $30,000 a year. If you're interested in online teaching jobs check out websites like VIPKID, K12, or teach away.
- Freelance proofreader: Proofreaders look to see if there are errors in typed or written material. If you have an eye for detail and spotting errors in spelling and grammar you may be able to earn a good living online as a proofreader. If you decide to become a full-time proofreader you can make over $49,000 a year. You can find online proofreading jobs on sites like indeed.com or upwork.
- Web/graphic designer: If you're creative and are good with technology, then you can use these qualities to build or redesign websites for business. The average web designer makes over $46,000 a year. You can find jobs on websites like 99 design, upwork, hubstaff talent, Linkedin, and Guru.
- Bookkeeper: Bookkeeping is perfect for people with a background in account or for some one who has taken math and account courses. There are several small business who can't afford to pay for an accountant who are willing to pay for a bookkeeper. The average bookkeeper makes about $34,000/year. Bookkeeping jobs can be found on Indeed.
- Virtual Assistant: A virtual assistant is someone you provides support to businesses from home. Virtual assistants can do clerical work, marketing, web design, and other services. You can run your own virtual assistant business from home or you can look for task on virtual assistant sites like remote.co, ziprecruiter, and flexjobs. If you own your own business you can charge what you want to do a task. If you go on a task site you can normally make from $10-$15/hour.