5 ways you can save money on your car insurance
Car insurance is a necessary expense . Overspending on car insurance can cost you hundreds of dollars a year. Below are a 4 ways you can save money on car insurance.
- Look for discounts: Contact your car insurance company to see if there are discounts that you qualify for. Some companies have an app which can give you information about your policy as well as possible discounts the company offers.
- Drive Safely: Accidents and tickets can increase your car insurance. Try to drive as safely as possible and consider taking a defensive driving class. It may help lower your monthly insurance rate.
- Bundle insurance: Bundling your car insurance with your home insurance or life insurance can often save you money. If you decide to bundle, do your research. Some companies can save you large amounts when you bundle policies. When deciding about whether to bundle or not to bundle, make sure you look for the best insurance rates and best coverage period. Make sure the policy is going to provide you with what you need at the cheapest price point. If it is cheaper not to bundle, then don't bundle.
- Shop around for cheaper car insurance: Shopping around can save big when it comes to car insurance. Your next renewal period, look to see if other places will offer you lower insurance rates. Try to get quotes from at least four other car insurance companies. If you go on a site like Auto Insurance Zone you can do a price comparison with several auto insurance companies.
- Raise your deductible: If you choose a higher car insurance deductible, you can lower your premium cost. This means you will have to pay more out of pocket before insurance is applied so be sure to have a good emergency fund.