Although the cost of cell phone plans are dropping, lots of people still pay more money than they need to for their cell phone bill. Cell phone bills often come with extra unused expensive features. Making a few changes can save you hundreds of dollars a year. Below are 5 ways you can save money on your cell bill.
- Pay for only what you use. Check your cell phone bill to see what features you use and don’t use. One of the first features you need to look at is your data plan. Check to see how much data you use. If you’re paying for data you don’t use, contact your cell phone company to see if you can switch to a cheaper plan with less data. If you’re using more data try using Wi-Fi connections to keep from using so much data.
- Negotiate with current provider: Lets face it, no one wants to loose your business. If you're at the end of your contract, you maybe able to contact your phone provider and negotiate a cheaper price.
- See if your employer has discounts with your provider: Some cellphone providers will offer you a discount if you work for a certain company. Contact your cellphone provider to see if they offer discounts.
- Don’t pay a monthly fee to purchase a cellphone: You may have noticed there are no more free cellphones. Every time you go to renew your contract they offer you a new phone if you pay a “low” monthly fee for at least a year. Instead of paying a monthly fee for a new phone keep your same old phone or buy a phone on sites like Amazon or eBay. If you don’t care about the newest galaxy or iPhone, these sites have great prices on other cellphones with very similar features. Research the phone to make sure it's compatible with your cellphone provider.
- Switch to a discount cellphone providers: Cellphone plans are getting to be very expensive. Switching to a discount cellphone can save you tons of money. Switching to a different less expensive cell phone provider can also lower your monthly bill tremendously. Several of these cheaper cellphone companies run off the same network as the major companies. Check out their websites and do some price comparisons.